Larger Food/Leaf Landmarks in Freeplay

Mr_Ced

Colony
When enemy colonies get into Freeplay, there should also be an introduction of new and larger landmarks. Right now, the only way to obtain a reliable food supply is to wait for Uber spawns, which are worthless to Leafcutters.

I think there should be fixed points on the map where a "super" landmark would spawn. It would supply the player or AI that has it with lots of resources, giving them a reliable source of reinforcement food. This also would encourage the player and AI to attack one another to capture said landmark.

Its spawn rate should be based on colony size, not difficulty, to allow for different Freeplay settings to be applied.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
When enemy colonies get into Freeplay, there should also be an introduction of new and larger landmarks. Right now, the only way to obtain a reliable food supply is to wait for Uber spawns, which are worthless to Leafcutters.

I think there should be fixed points on the map where a "super" landmark would spawn. It would supply the player or AI that has it with lots of resources, giving them a reliable source of reinforcement food. This also would encourage the player and AI to attack one another to capture said landmark.

Its spawn rate should be based on colony size, not difficulty, to allow for different Freeplay settings to be applied.

Good idea. This has been suggested before, but a "tree" super landmark for leaf cutters, which the player can't see the top of. All he sees is leaf cutters climb up, and come down with a leaf in their mouth. Trees would have infinite leaves while they are spawned, and can have a lot more ants gathering from them at one time, but they take longer to climb. Good for really big armies, but not so good for smaller armies.

Also, a bigger fish or a climbable aphid stalk (I think you guys said this was possible a long time ago) could be added as larger versions of the landmarks we currently have to serve as the super landmark ideas for the other species.