Level 2.2 crashing at night

hello game creators. I am here because the game has an unusual problem. Level 2.2 crashes everytime the ants fight an enemy at night. I have adjusted the graphics to see if that could fix it, but sadly it didn't. For the record I do use a laptop to run the game. But when I do, everything runs perfectly except that one level. I am forced to not defend my aphids in the stage because of this sudden crash. which is really disappointing. I want this game to prosper as it is being made, so I wanted to tell you this is a problem for me and likely others. please fix this bug. thank you for listening to me. Bobby Quick

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Hi Bobby - please post your system specs. Most crashes are caused by hardware that is below recommended specs.

pavig

Larva
I've also had issues with 2.2 crashing fairly reliably. It seems to always happen at some point just after the narrator has started speaking, though if it happens the first or second night depends on the playthrough. To me that suggests it is likely a triggered event which is causing the crash.

my computer is a standard Toshiba satellite laptop with a intel drive
Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340 15.6in Laptop AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz 4GB 320GB DVDRW e core. I repeat that the game runs rather well until I try to play that stage.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
pavig said:
I've also had issues with 2.2 crashing fairly reliably. It seems to always happen at some point just after the narrator has started speaking, though if it happens the first or second night depends on the playthrough. To me that suggests it is likely a triggered event which is causing the crash.

Do you get an Unreal crash report appearing? If you do it could really help us get to the bottom of the problem. Please follow instructions in this thread to do that.

Bobby Quick said:
my computer is a standard Toshiba satellite laptop with a intel drive
Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340 15.6in Laptop AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz 4GB 320GB DVDRW e core. I repeat that the game runs rather well until I try to play that stage.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Your laptop is below the recommended spec - EotU runs on Unreal Engine 4 which is a modern, powerful engine and needs some oomph behind it to run happily - but as we continue to streamline the game in future updates and make it more efficient, you may well find that your hardware can run things without fault.