Linked groups

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
So with the new pheromone marker system (that from the latest demo) I've recognized that I've started to use groups differently from how as you would expect (or maybe exactly how it was actually planed?).

So what I'm doing is I don't set markers for each group when they need to go somewhere.
Instead I'm setting up markers to where I want ants to go in the future (like one marker at a food depot I want to plunder soon, one marker at the queen for defensive purposes and one close to where I want to attack the enemy) and shift the ant squads between those marker groups.

What I'm missing is a mechanic that allows me to link several ant squads together as platoon, so I can move them all between groups by moving one (the others will be moved to the new group automatically with the one I dragged) - for example if I had 1 squad of 20 Formica ereptor, 1 squad of 15 Formica fusca and 1 squad of 15 Formica rufa acid sprayers, I want to be able to drag them all to another group by just dragging one of them over.

with the mechanic of each chamber of ant tiles is its own squad, and that you cant put them together as one whole squad is going apart from the making players make their colonies look more like actual ant colony chamber. so in order to do what Serafine is doing while making the player have actual chambers is to have the ability of putting squads together without linking them together with tiles, making one whole chamber

i basically helped with Serafine's case.
if it makes sense. :p

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The problem is not just tiles, it's different ant species. They can never be linked no matter how you build, but especially with ranged units like Formica rufa sprayers you NEED close combat ants as a buffer for them.

Basically you can do this without linked squads, linked squads just make it massively easier, so this is basically a QOL feature.