Mac users

Hi EoTU team!!

I bought the early access a few months ago, afetr reading Bernard Werber's books (ants), and really loved playing it. The music, when there, was amazing, voice over, great, overall feeling very exciting.

I'm a mac user, and the game is really hardly playable. I tried a few times to go back to it, but it's too much of a hassle. The game is super slow, graphs are very limited, and when i start having a big colony it becomes so slow that you actually can't play it anymore. Even in the menu, there is a big delay.

I guess there isn't a lot of mac users, so I'd be happy to help and give feedback if needed.

I hope that you'll manage to fix all of this and that you'll keep the great work, there is SOOOOO much you could do with this game!

Kindest regards,
Bast.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It's really going to depend on your Mac. Like PCs, there are many different kinds of Mac and if yours is a lower-specced one, it's not going to run the game as well.

The game is being optimized all the time and performance will improve as updates continue, but the game runs on Unreal Engine 4 which is a modern, powerful engine that needs a fair whack of hardware behind it to run well.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I have a 2014 MacBook air and I am impressed with how well the game works. I can run the game pretty well with everything on the lowest setting except resolution and post processing, which runs fine on low. Those two also are probably some of the most important graphical settings. Sometimes I do have to turn them down to very low, though, if I get a very big formica rufa colony.

tuga

Larva
Buffalo981 said:
I have a 2014 MacBook air and I am impressed with how well the game works. I can run the game pretty well with everything on the lowest setting except resolution and post processing, which runs fine on low. Those two also are probably some of the most important graphical settings. Sometimes I do have to turn them down to very low, though, if I get a very big formica rufa colony.
The same situation

I'm on macbook pro, so should be up-tp-date. I'll try changing the settings for lower need.
Thanks for the feedback.