Me need gitgud or balance?

So, I start a new game, and try out the 1.1 New Home Hard, and i never beat it once.
The best result i had ever get is clear out all other enemy except the yellow circle enemy.
Best round i have is 54 warrior, 4+7 worker, and 23 food, and when i open the "door", 4 grown bug and 10++ small bug rekt me with ease.
Halp......

https://imgur.com/a/28DXY

p/s, how do I copy image straight from my computer to a new post?

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
Ive beaten this level on every difficulty but the last, firstly open paths too the weakest rooms first, might take a few play throughs too know how to get too each and memorize whats in each and how to get too the neutral wood lice? Most importantly make sure to use the new features like upgrading tiles. In my Experience I havent had a reason too put food aside for more workers in most the level besides 1.2. but thats just me min/maxing.
Finally the advice you need. Have about 19-26 warrior ants about lv 2-3 mostly 3 if you can. Get the most levels by making perfect hexagonal broods eg 6 with 1 in the center or 12 6 and 1 for 19. Use walls too add too those upgrade requirements if you missing a wall, add boost tiles. Not sure if these tiles were meant too speed up spiders or too boost tile points for upgrading i never noticed a speed modifier. Lastly send your 19-26 at the last room you circled early but in a large space, you want too have plenty of space too wiggle around and surround the enemy. You should lose all you ants then and there, but you'll have more respawning if you saved up ants times 5 food in reserve, keep 200+ food recommended should take 2.5 waves to succeed.
Voila should have cpmpleted the first level.

I should also mention more ants isnt always a good thing. Stronger ants with more health and damage still only take 5 too respawn. So try to get levels before volume. Especially for 1.1. when you get too 2.1 and 2.2 hell even 1.2. You'll need more bodies. 1.1 is special cause everything is at your own pace.

Agreed, UPDATE/LEVEL UP those tiles... you will need it on hard. Generally, I dont even use workers to gather food, i just build a massive war party or two. They stomp the opposition and gather my food. Helps save on resources and gives you a large army faster.

Mino

Larva
You can do it on hard easily even without upgrade any tiles. 54 Warriors are fine, abt 10 less do the Job as well. Don't give the workers a job, let them be "free" that they can continuously help re-breeding the fallen soldiers in order to never run out of ants. Make sure that you have enough food storage for re-production before you open the "door"

Also i always split my soldiers up into two armies to have more flexibility and as said my workers doing nothing else then breeding (means bring the eggs to the tiles)

I actually found this stage easier on hard if not upgrading. Just make as many lvl 1 tiles as you can afford while keeping about 200 food or so in reserve. As others have said, don't build workers, you only need them to deliver eggs.