Mid-week Progress Post: Picking up a Queen?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Okay Ms. Beach Wolf Spider, we get that you have an issue with our queen here but do you really have to thrash her around so violently?

(this was a glitch we fixed recently - spiders shouldn't be able to pick up the queen, oops!)

HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/afW0cN0yPXI" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I might point you towards the fact that the (tiny) funnel web spiders can still pick up woodlice (and drag them away at super high speed) which looks absolutely hilarious. I'm pretty sure they can also grab mole crickets but I haven't tested that yet.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Serafine said:
I might point you towards the fact that the (tiny) funnel web spiders can still pick up woodlice (and drag them away at super high speed) which looks absolutely hilarious. I'm pretty sure they can also grab mole crickets but I haven't tested that yet.

Shh, spoilers!

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Just read the post. It was a bug that allowed the spider to grab and dislocate the queen.

Mike said:
Shh, spoilers!
I'm pretty sure all three of them were already featured in progression videos so I'm not spoiling anything, but since nobody has answered my bug report and the issue is still present after 2 patches I thought I'd mention it again before it eventually makes it into the release client.