Movable Queens

Mr_Ced

Colony
The developers have discussed this before. I see no reason why we should not have her move. The developer's main concern was balancing. As far as I know, putting a queen in a different location would only affect brood-efficiency.

If there is queen in it, then there must be a king in the game. If this two player will be there then it will increase the interest.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
ElenaMcClurg said:
If there is queen in it, then there must be a king in the game. If this two player will be there then it will increase the interest.

That wouldn't be true to biology. Female alates only mate with male alates occasionally, during nuptial flights. Afterwards, the male alates die, and the female alates become queens. The queens can then sometimes get more male alates during future nuptial fights.

The only colony-like species that has a king of sorts I believe is termites.

Rayalot72 said:
ElenaMcClurg said:

That wouldn't be true to biology. Female alates only mate with male alates occasionally, during nuptial flights. Afterwards, the male alates die, and the female alates become queens. The queens can then sometimes get more male alates during future nuptial fights.

The only colony-like species that has a king of sorts I believe is termites.

That's not true I guess first of all there are colonies with mutual queens and I don't think they are al of the same age.

Plus the Queen from the Alien movies has a King now to LOL