New Computer

This isn't a technical problem, but a question. I'm getting a new computer and I'm wondering if there is a way to save my colonies from this computer for when I install the game on the new computer, or would I need to start new? I don't mind starting new, I'm just curious. There's a website called DropBox where you can transfer files via internet, if I just copy the whole EotU folder from this computer to the new one would that be okay or would it cause problems? This computer has windows 8 and the new one will have windows 10. Thanks

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
All on the assumption that you're a Windows and Steam user:

Yes - the save files are located in this folder; replace [YOUR USER NAME] with, funnily enough, your user name.

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\EotU\Saved\SaveGames

Install EotU, then copy everything in that folder to your chosen transportation method (USB drive, email, floppy disk, whatever takes your fancy). Then paste it in the likewise folder on your new computer.

The next update (some weeks off) will include Cloud saves for your Formicarium - so you'll have an account-dependent set of saved games rather than a system-dependent one.