[Performance] 0.211 leafcutter freeplay fps loss after save reload

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
After reloading the save attached I had bad fps, but I don't know why. (I hope I gave the right save files.)
In the video the fps counter value jumps up and down.
Since I made a recording in 60 Hz of my 144 Hz display the effect is barely visible. (On my end the effect is highly visible. Giving a heavy stuttering when moving the camera with arrowkeys or screen edge.)

Attachments

• FreeplayPerformanceDrop.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 1

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Disabled options. Wave survival with no surface creatures if I remember correctly? I changed settings to not have surface spawns there.
OK so looks like you have hit on something I have never tried. In your game there are some 300 none creatures under the floor (they are they base creature class but they do not have a specific creature type). What is happening in the save is the water is trying to kill them which is causing spikes.

Ill get on this tomorrow see if it is spawning these none creatures.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
On further inspection this was not what it seemed. Apparently these none creatures have come about due to some bug in the plants in freeplay. Each save would add a single none creature into the pool for every plant on the map. The only reason we have spotted it here is because doing so is placing them at 0,0,0 which is under the water, and the deadly water volume is causing lad trying to kill these none creatures that cannot be killed. What a ride that was. Sorted now!