Playing from Different Perspectives...

Eventually, it would be nice to be able to play the missions like 2.2 as the opposing colonies where you have to attack uphill with only the fish as your food resources. So far 2.2 is the only level this would apply on, but missions where after beating the storyline version, it would allow you to play as the various ant colonies would be an amazing addition to this game. I hope we get much more of the main content of the game before a feature like this appears, but it would be a very nice addition once the game is more fleshed out.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It's a fun idea - I also heard it suggested for 1.2 where you play as the slave makers. Something to think about for the future :)

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Slave makers would be interesting units for colony on colony warfare.

I was kinda disappointed to realize that the only time you'd be playing as Formica ereptor would be in the Formicarium. I was looking forward to huge battles on temporary levels where the player has to decide what strategy to pursue. Does he try to rush the opponent with cheaper, melee swarm ants, or does he try to hold out and build powerful, late game warriors? Does he try to use slave makers to bolster his own ranks, but risk expending valuable food while doing so? Will he focus on aphid farms with Formica fusca, or fungus gardens with Leafcutter ants? I wanted to see people try different approaches to each level, and have many of them work, provided effective execution. But now, since there's only one ant species being controlled per outside level, there's far fewer ways to beat each level, and less creativity and flexibility.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Freeplay and custom will fix this to some extent, as you can import the formicarium to fight with.