Post your high scores!

Planemaster

Worker
I think the title is self explanatory here. Post your high scores on the Casual, Moderate and Intense difficulties on the Surrounded level or on the highest wave on the hold out level.

Currently, my Casual High score is around 100K but at that point, the games FPS drops to about 1 so I give up.

Only moderate and Intense scores are counted as Casual could go on to infinite due to the rapid growth of your colony versus pitiful number of enemies. Big thanks to Kaien-Saerin for testing this out and managing to reach in excess of 2 million points. At this point his colony was completely independent.

-------------------

Hold Out

1) Lazifier - Wave 20

-------------------

Surrounded

Moderate:

1) Lazifier - 112,120
2) Kaien-Saerin - 100,165
3) Planemaster - 76,340

Intense

1) Kaien-Saerin - 23,020
2) Sumribe - 21,370

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I salute people with the patience / game knowledge to get the really high Surrounded scores! Mine's not worth posting in all honesty. A lot of the fans are better at the game than the team are; this is the way of things. The way of the ants.

Planemaster

Worker
Well, casual is incredibly easy to get a high score in. In fact, it makes EoTU the most pay to win game as you need to spend hundreds of pounds when you literally have 800 ants trying to all move around and need some godlike PC to run it without losing patience ;)

Moderate is incredibly difficult, I'm not sure how I acquired that score but in the end I had 3 of those Beech Beatles attacking my queen and all my soldiers were attacking two others in another entrance.

Intense is someplace I don't want to go :-[

48K was my most recent top score. It's kinda hit-or-miss though, since the timing of the Tiger Beetles happened to be staggered enough for my armies to handle that time around.

I took a "print screen" of the score but it only showed the loading screen when I pasted it in paint.

Planemaster

Worker
Mechman0124 said:
48K was my most recent top score. It's kinda hit-or-miss though, since the timing of the Tiger Beetles happened to be staggered enough for my armies to handle that time around.

I took a "print screen" of the score but it only showed the loading screen when I pasted it in paint.

Was that in casual or moderate (or perhaps even intense :eek:)

Planemaster

Worker
Mechman0124 said:
Moderate, although it gets pretty crazy after a while. I haven't even tried intense yet. :p

Would you care to share any tips? My score of 19K looks pitiful at the moment

emen3y

im a Live Streamer on Twitch.tv
hello guys this is my hi-score with 587'325, 257 workers and 666 Soldiers they eat everything. i'm wondering how to get outside.
TS586vc.jpg

Planemaster

Worker
emen3y said:
hello guys this is my hi-score with 587'325, 257 workers and 666 Soldiers they eat everything. i'm wondering how to get outside.
TS586vc.jpg

As of 0.064, you cannot get outside. The later versions/full version should have this feature though. It just hasn't quite got to us yet.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
^ correct. The surface / overground will be playable when we enter early access this summer :)

Planemaster

Worker
I'd recommend making chambers of 30 soldiers one by one. This way, your individual groups don't get outnumbered as easily. Around 25 workers is fine as a base number then increase that number by 10 every time your soldiers increases by 100.

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
I've never tried to see how far i'd get in "intense mode" while stopping around 40-50k and letting the ants do thier thing after placing a few way points. I can firmly say with 3+ more way point groups i'd never die on surrounded. I have achieved 200k regularily and even as high as 300k with perfect enemy spawn conditions(mainly enemy ants to lower my food supply) by simply min maxing the death/breed rate while maintaining constant high and low food gains. I will now attempt the furthest i can go and post a ss here when done.

Edit I now noticed people have been playing on a newer version and am clearly a scrub. Looking for new DL via steam I assume and will post my findings another day.

29cmhzm.png

Best i could get, our ants now walk way too randomly looking for a spot too attack from and is how you ultimately die/lose more food per fight so making huge rooms is still the most viable option in terms of offence /defence. Recommend allowing ants to stack again or crawl over eachother and try too envelope enemies evenly.

xfnwcy.png

Here i couldnt get past my last intense score so i dropped it too moderate 100k aint bad, considering how i had to achieve it was a differant play style then before. I still build the same way and tunnels are your enemy.

1zcmvyb.png

I had to go another try at intense and achieve a new highscore for this forum. Last 30 seconds became hell as red ants started getting targeted and couldn't refill warriors. When finishing off the 2 Horse beetles and waves of ants sitting with 3 and 11 ants left, 2 tiger beetles came in and said nope!

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
New surrounded game mode is for certain after a certain amount of time it literaly says your done, at least on intense. Because around 30 minute mark I got rushed right after killing 1 tiger 2 horse and about 8 ants. It sent 9 horse 4/4/1 too finish me off, Die. Then a tiger beetle and many ants short after I got defeated around 17k again.

Sumribe

Larva
This game is fun, it's just the guaranteed-lose-condition that makes this game annoying af.

Surrounded Intense difficulty is the most fun mode because of it's difficulty (haven't played the backers level), but it's literally impossible after a certain time in the game, 30-40 minutes.

I'd be surprised to see if anyone has been able to get above 80 black ants and in this mode.

EDIT: So close lol..

h6l1WI4.png

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
Sumribe said:
This game is fun, it's just the guaranteed-lose-condition that makes this game annoying af.

Surrounded Intense difficulty is the most fun mode because of it's difficulty (haven't played the backers level), but it's literally impossible after a certain time in the game, 30-40 minutes.

I'd be surprised to see if anyone has been able to get above 80 black ants and in this mode.

EDIT: So close lol..

Damn the most i got was 50 ants and got 23k in my other post probably due to RNG, been trying every now and again between moderate and intense but havent beaten my 2 highscores.