Post your Layouts and DNA Paths

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
Making a forum for new and veteran players alike too post their setups and traits of choice. So we can all learn off of each other and hear new viewpoints on the Early Access.

So I've completed the game a few times now and made this my new main save. Traits are shown so I don't have too type it all, and my layout is room layouts of 19 ant broods, might make em 20 and have 1 ant tile stick out a bit, but for neatness I haven't. Everything else that isn't a egg tile is a booster tile, most of which are level 3. 4 new rooms for expansion also housing 19 for new species. Half and half Melee(tank+recovery) with Rapid(venom+venom).

Not sure what I'm going to do with the Workers, they arent in a spot that I like nor can I level them all too level 3 either. Maybe when we are given an ability too rebuild walls in a way where we cant turtle (cant progress if we cant kill the challenges anyways). They are going to have to stay there for the time being.

Hoping too see more people post their setups as well and just talk about ants.

6rr5eh.png

2igotax.png

Sounds like a fun idea, here is my colony:

I was hesitant to place my food stores at the entrance because i wasn't sure about potential food raider enemies. Have 2 rooms empty for new species and only at 102/150 pop, since there is currently no incentive to max out your colony.
Looks like my rooms are a little closer together with smaller connection tunnels. Did you build such large corridors to max out the speed tiles?
I also had a messed up worker ant room, ended up transforming that into a speedhighway and building a proper 19ant hex for them.
I spread small food storages near the army rooms because i originally thought the food had to be fed to the larvae by the ants, which wasnt the case. I still enjoy the small 7tile food pockets here and there. currently sitting at around 4300 food.

Formicarium.png

Got the Queens 7man crew always at home, the rest either goes on food hunting trips or tends to replenishing the army

Ants.png

I originally went with mortars to increase the physical damage of my soldiers and debuff the enemy, but they end up just blowing everything up by themselves and the soldiers really only act as a meatshield (hence the upgrade path)

Evolve.png

Im thinking about restarting and perfectly spacing the colony. with as little waste of space as possible.

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
All my speed tiles are level 3 except for those on the edges of the 4 new rooms and the entrance too the surface. I do appreciate your design tho cause it allows for more rooms in the end, currently in a debate myself how I'd build a proper 2-3 wide path towards the right most side of the map for more rooms.

Of course meat shield ants seems like the go to choice here. Cause we don't have a true 3rd choice at the moment for soldiers. These tanks still deal more damage then the actual wood ant soldiers in the 2 levels though.

Although seeing your layout I almost want too make a new save and have things a little more strict. The only problem with that would be how slow the ants become walking over anything but speed or empty tiles. But thinking back I think there's a upgrade for workers too ignore speed reduction. I'll have to look into that once more, might have too revamp again.

The food tiles at the front is risky as you said, but I generally have a crew of ants at the entrance for both meta and basic protection.