Quick Fix to Wood Ant Tanks

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Make melee soldiers cost 30, it would easily make them more valuable than workers (40 would not be efficient, tested in battle sim).

Alternatively, double their health.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Melee wood ants can not dig, transport eggs or build/upgrade tiles. You need workers to get to the surface and make/replenish melee ants.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Melee wood ants can not dig, transport eggs or build/upgrade tiles. You need workers to get to the surface and make/replenish melee ants.
The problem is that the tank unit that is best to use, right now, is workers. Melee soldiers don't actually have any use without improvements.

pakitane16

Colony
The meelee soldiers now do roughly the same damage as workers at lv1, but their 3 times higher hp can be rendered useless by multiple AoE creatures. I think they cost 40 at best. I'd prefer to keep their price, but raise their atk by 50%. I would give new players a slow change from the solely meelee black ant to the more specialized wood ant.

Mr_Ced

Colony
I think we must also keep in mind how overpowered this species is already. There's more than enough posts on this forum about it, in particular the rapid fire ones.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think we must also keep in mind how overpowered this species is already. There's more than enough posts on this forum about it, in particular the rapid fire ones.
They are strong, but this doesn't matter too much for a non-competitive game. The levels they appear in just need to be balanced for them.

The melee soldiers wouldn't actually be that much stronger, presumably, they'd just be worthwhile over workers as tanks. The strongest play doesn't use them, when it should.