Saving During Missions

Hello, one thing I noticed is that if you choose a level in level selector there is no way to save your game to come back and finish the objectives. A playthrough of the army ant level took several hours and I often just had to bring up the menu to pause the game since I could not save and come back later.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This is a known concern and it's one that isn't really solvable with our resources and team size. Freeplay mode can be saved, since it's a list of things in a known map-agnotic setting. That still took months of development time to get right.

The individual missions themselves have many elements unique to them, so we're talking months of development time per level just to add a save option - and we really need to move on with the plan for finishing the game. We really wish we could add a save option for the campaign levels but for now we can't.

This is a known concern and it's one that isn't really solvable with our resources and team size. Freeplay mode can be saved, since it's a list of things in a known map-agnotic setting. That still took months of development time to get right.

The individual missions themselves have many elements unique to them, so we're talking months of development time per level just to add a save option - and we really need to move on with the plan for finishing the game. We really wish we could add a save option for the campaign levels but for now we can't.
It would make it easier for people needing to stop start but I think it's not too bad because you can at least pause the level for an indefinite amount of time and the levels don't last more then around an hour.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and so quickly! I think it was more so you see it so commonly in games that you don't think about all that goes into making it work and I apologize for that. I really do love playing the game!