Screen Shot Saturday - No Leaf is Safe

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
No leaf is safe .... bow down to your Queen.

Here's the first of our teases for the next species to be added to the game - Atta cephalotes, a species of South American leaf cutter ant! Here's the queen. As artwork and level creation continues we'll be re-starting #ScreenshotSaturday so you guys can get an early look.

Please note that for the sake of not having her floating in space we've placed her in the beach underground environment. When the leaf cutter levels are released, she'll get a whole new digs with a suitably rain forest-y theme.

u0sr5jw.jpg

Mr_Ced

Colony
She looks amazing... Can not wait to play around in Freeplay with those ants. Especially if there is a whole new theme coming, like you said. She looks a bit larger than the regular queens I have seen. Wait a second, you said that there are different types of underground! Thats amazing! I love this game!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Yep she's bigger. I'll ask John if we can get a size comparison screenie at some point.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Just for you guys - here's a side-by-side of an Atta cephalotes queen and a Formica ereptor one. Cheers to John for doing this screenie!

J5Qi9V0.jpg

Mr_Ced

Colony
Holy crap that queen is huge! Love how this is turning out so far! Keep up the great work!

EDIT: My favorite queen so far is the Formica rufa one! Closely followed by the Formica ereptor, red is my favorite color.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
It's probably still not true scale (that would just break the game).
Formica fusca queens are around 12mm, an Atta cephalotes queen is 30mm (that means she's almost three times as long as the fusca queen). Those leafcutter queens are MASSIVE.