Small (and amusing) bug to report

On freeplay mode I've noticed that a funnelweb spider can aim to collect food already being carried home by one of your ants, and it will repeatedly grab the food and take it back to its nest with your ant still holding it. Therefore an amusing repeating cycle of watching your ant trying to get home but constantly being carried away by a funnelweb ensues.

Conditions this occurred with were that I'd just attacked a funnelweb nest with soldiers at night and had sent in a worker group to clean up who were set to no attack mode.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Haha. I'll try to repeat this one myself. Passing it on, thanks for the report!

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
mister_riz said:
On freeplay mode I've noticed that a funnelweb spider can aim to collect food already being carried home by one of your ants, and it will repeatedly grab the food and take it back to its nest with your ant still holding it. Therefore an amusing repeating cycle of watching your ant trying to get home but constantly being carried away by a funnelweb ensues.

Conditions this occurred with were that I'd just attacked a funnelweb nest with soldiers at night and had sent in a worker group to clean up who were set to no attack mode.

I think this is due to the "evasive" trait on workers. Oddly, they drop to 0 HP visually, but won't actually die until attacked. I haven't checked to make sure that the 0 HP isn't purely visual, where it jumps up after they actually take damage.