Something Amazing Happened!

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
"If you just keep lying for long enough your lies might eventually become the truth."
The raven Jakob in "The night of wishes" by Michael Ende

Although I'm pretty sure the ones who are to blame for the entire 'No man's lie' fuck-up are the hypocritical corporate commander assholes at Sony Interactive pushing the game onto the market way before it was even remotely finished. At least they didn't implement loot boxes or micro-transactions... yet.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I agree too Serafine. It was a bad idea for hello games to sell their souls to Sony interactive. Just saying the same company was responsible for that shitty emoji movie., so don't trust them.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Well, at least Sony doesn't kill every studio they absorb, unlike Electronic Arts which just slaughtered Visceral Games (Dead Space) after completely failing to grasp that the type of games this studio made though brilliant were niche and would always stay niche. But apparently lots of money isn't enough for EA, if you can't make ALL THE MONEY you're dead.

Electronic Arts is basically the Darth Vader of the game industry killing studio after studio for what is really EA's own strategic faults. Hopefully no smaller studio will ever make a deal with them again.

p.s. Mark my words, Bioware is next. EA doesn't have any interest in producing good games anymore, all they wanna do is selling glorified pay2win gambling simulators with edgy graphics to make all the money in the world until the bubble bursts.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I take my words back on no man's sky because they probably thought they were in good hands. But they didn't, they knew it would be a couple years more of development before it meets expectations. But they put it out early because they couldn't wait. You see triple AAA publishers are very impatient. That's why there's a Cod every single year. A logical person would make their studios take time to make a great game that makes loads of money, not Call of Duty levels but a lot. A greedy person gives the team a year and maybe put loot boxes in it. Well, that maybe is becoming more of a Guaranty. Sony wasn't patient enough for NMS to have full potential. They just wasted the IP of those sweet sweet instant dollars.

A year later it's starting to resemble what it was showing at E3. Think about that, will you?

Raya016

Larva
Backer
Serafine said:
Well, at least Sony doesn't kill every studio they absorb, unlike Electronic Arts which just slaughtered Visceral Games (Dead Space) after completely failing to grasp that the type of games this studio made though brilliant were niche and would always stay niche. But apparently lots of money isn't enough for EA, if you can't make ALL THE MONEY you're dead.

Electronic Arts is basically the Darth Vader of the game industry killing studio after studio for what is really EA's own strategic faults. Hopefully no smaller studio will ever make a deal with them again.

p.s. Mark my words, Bioware is next. EA doesn't have any interest in producing good games anymore, all they wanna do is selling glorified pay2win gambling simulators with edgy graphics to make all the money in the world until the bubble bursts.

R.I.P., Westwood Studios

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
RIP Respawn. They're dead already. Just wait for 4 or 5 years.
Also, hello Titanmicrotranseasonpassfall 3.

Raya016 said:
Serafine said:

R.I.P., Westwood Studios

R.I.P. Command and Conquer. LONG LIVE KANE! LONG LIVE THE MESSIAH!

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Worth mentioning the Star Wars Battlefront 2 disaster has already cost EA 6 billion dollars due to plummeting stock market prices.
I'm really curious how they plan to survive the next years after they killed pretty much every unique IP they had (including but not limited to: Command & Conquer, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Dungeon Keeper, Overlord and potentially Star Wars as Disney might actually revoke their license), their only own new IP Anthem being a chaotic mess with lead designers dropping out left and right and the predatory lootbox business model that generated more than half their income over the last years facing gambling legislation from governments around the world.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Imagine EA burning in fire and terminator music playing over it, while you walk away. Sound satisfying? 8)

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I certainly wouldn't miss them. There are other greedy publishers out there like Activision(Blizzard) and Ubisoft but none of them is as predatory and shameless as Electronic Arts.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Well, there's a lot of truth in that. (And I certainly won't argue the magnificent Sterdust ;D)

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
He is known for his crotch takedown, where he throws himself in the air and hits his opponent in the head with his balls! Throwing them to the ground with the rest of his body on top of their head. A very devastating move to say the least.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
EA says to investors that micros are for pure profit and not meant to give content to consumers. Also, it doesn't affect their material impact. Valve doesn't do any work to regulate Steam so I find shit like Isis Simulator. Also, PUBG is no longer in early access. Destiny now has a development cycle: new greedy change, backlash, an apology with heavily crossed fingers, removal, repeat. So many things to talk about. ::)