[Suggestion] Back and forth patrol

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
When I send a group workers out to forage I generally put them on "no attack" mode and I set another group of soldiers to the same point with the sole purpose to defend that foraging trail. (e.g. leafcutter majors walking back and forth the harvesting trail to be ready to defend it)
I don't want the majors to be busy gathering, but it is the only way to make them move back and forth between the waypoint and the nest almost instantly. If they don't gather they will stay at the waypoint for some time before returning.

It would be nice to have patrol so the I can make a group of soldiers stay on the foraging trail always ready to defend it.

A different, probably way more difficult but definately sweeter looking idea if it works might be... To have soldiers defend their foraging trail like in the loading screen picture. Where the majors positioned themselves at the edge of the trail and actively defend it.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Or the option to increase/decrease how long a group stays at the point before going back to the nest to reinforce the trail.