[Suggestion] Uber jumping spider displays as large creature instead of medium creature on minimap?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
With the current version (0.21131) uber jumping spiders are displayed as medium size creature, with its size it would seem more appropriate to display it as large creature on the minimap.

pakitane16

Colony
How did you find out how to put ubers in the battle arena ? I only found it because you showed it in one of the videos you posted
I think they showed how to do it in dev stream quite a long time ago, then it gets passed around without official announcement. Most people know it from youtube comments.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
How did you find out how to put ubers in the battle arena ? I only found it because you showed it in one of the videos you posted
I heared it once in a dev stream about half a year ago I think? (Holding down the spawn creature button for 10 seconds spawns an uber.)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I heared it once in a dev stream about half a year ago I think? (Holding down the spawn creature button for 10 seconds spawns an uber.)
Well that is news to me! That should be pretty useful for figuring out strategies against them...

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Well that is news to me! That should be pretty useful for figuring out strategies against them...
Know that an uber re-balance is inbound with next update:
Right I will go over a few changes that are coming that will effect ubers.

Firstly they are now effected by a change coming that will effect a few abilities, AOE Damage Dropoff. When applied to an ability this reduces damage the further the creature is from the epicentre of the hit (0 at edge full in middle). This is being applied to the ubers standard attack.

Secondly I am introducing a new stat - AOEResistance. If a creature has this ten if they are hit by an AOE but are more than 10 (very small) from the impact location then the damage is reduced by that percentage. Currently I am only giving this to black ants (20%) but I also intend on using it to a higher degree with Fire ants so they are not totally ruined by a single AOE. It also reduced the damage of damage over time effects coming from an attack.

And finally I am re-tuning there attack and abilities, making sure each one has a weakness of some kind and that all can possibly be killed by any colony (it will still be a costly endeavour to fight them with black ants, but it wont automatically be game over if one goes for you queen). I have re-balanced 3 Ubers so far, 5 to go!
So the yield for some strategies is going to change.