The first night after completing Rising Tide

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
What difficulty?

Insane seems as if it's not possible to survive without having mortars, as that's the only method by which I can think of to complete it.

I was on hard difficulty the last time I did it, and I was using rapid fire

The second wave they sent in like 10 fully grown wolf spiders, and I watched in horror as my worker count went from 150 to 0 in like two seconds, just wondering if anybody has done it or if it's designed so you can't survive

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I am also incapable of handling the second wave, but for different reasons. I kill the spiders, but then the crabs hold me up and prevent me from respawning.

Your main issue is that you're upgrading your ants. Rapid fire are not worth upgrading, and workers especially aren't. Only upgrade if you have mortars or lag at too high a number of soldiers. Firepower is really everything, or you'll be fighting multiple waves at a time.

I found the easiest way to do it is with upgraded mortar ants. place all your troops in the spawn tunnel and watch as they melt ;D

Are melee soldiers worth getting if upgraded to lvl 3? For woods ants I mean, because the attack speed on the black ant I would say is definitely worth it

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
JonnyC289 said:
Are melee soldiers worth getting if upgraded to lvl 3? For woods ants I mean, because the attack speed on the black ant I would say is definitely worth it

At lvl 3, they are fairly tanky, but they do worker DPS at double speed. Because 2.1 is loaded with high damage enemies, workers are simply better as meat bags.

Danouk

Larva
Ray aloft I watch your video on insane rising tide. It really help me beat hard mode.

I am trying the insane now but I am not getting very far. The furthest I get is with the crabs the first night. I can't get the amount of spiters you do. I lose a lot of ants fighting the other ants which is probably where I lose a lot of food. I have them on no fight but they still fight if they see one fighting they stop to help. Also in your video you said the other ants don't protect the food that well but is it possible they change that since you did this video? Again tks your videos are really helpful.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Danouk said:
Ray aloft I watch your video on insane rising tide. It really help me beat hard mode.

I am trying the insane now but I am not getting very far. The furthest I get is with the crabs the first night. I can't get the amount of spiters you do. I lose a lot of ants fighting the other ants which is probably where I lose a lot of food. I have them on no fight but they still fight if they see one fighting they stop to help. Also in your video you said the other ants don't protect the food that well but is it possible they change that since you did this video? Again tks your videos are really helpful.

Np. If you wanted more material, watch balenite's video. His strategy is what I mostly take from to do so well (should be linked in description, but if it's not then I need to add it).

I have repeated 2.1 insane a few times, and I will admit it's the one level I continue to consistently fail at. As for the food guarded by ants, you really need to move the pheromone around so as to avoid walking past fighting ants. The scouts of the enemy actually attack passing workers, so it's possible to either lure them away or take a route around them to save time and resources. Other than that, try your best to time it so that you can pull as few of them as possible, and don't be afraid to retreat underground to stop them from building up by the ramp (this causes them to lose aggro).

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I realized your workers, if set on no fighting, will actually attack if they are attacked while not holding food. If they are holding food, they ignore it, though.

That kinda annoys me. If I switch my ants to "no attack" then that means they shouldn't attack. Ever. Or at least don't attack if they get attacked while moving. Right now you can barely notice a difference whether it's turned off or not

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
>_>

It can be done actually, just hit whatever integer limit the game has.

I found a way to survive indefinitely after the end of rising tide. I discovered this special trick and now I'm sharing it with everyone 8)

https://imgur.com/a/p3hiO

Lol

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Camping the tunnel is a strat. Just don't get too greedy and go after too much during the day. I tried to take on the high ground tiger beetles, and lost 4/5 of my ants. My remaining ants were insufficient to camp the tunnel.