Unable to access 2.1 or 2.2

Since installing the Beta version.... in the Formicarium I can refight levels 1.1 1.2 or either gateway level.... but 2.1 and 2.2 are both greyed out no matter what options I choose.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Interesting one - I've just tried this and 2nd tier are working fine for me. Was this a one-time thing or is it permanent?

I purchased this on Steam this weekend (I've been wanting an ant-colony rts since I was a kid!!!) And I've completed 1.1 and 1.2 as well as the first gateway mission and both of the challenge versions of 1.1 and 1.2. After that I was unable to access 2.1 and 2.2. (Same problem that juliefisher described) I also cannot access free play either. I did go ahead and complete the Formicarium challenge 2 since I couldn't do anything else.

I have
windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 - 3570
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
32 Gb of Ram

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
You need to join a beta branch on Steam to access Freeplay since it's not on the main branch yet. Follow the instructions near the top of the April/May newsletter..

As for 2.1 and 2.2, make sure you're selecting a unit option before launching the level. It's directly below the difficulty setting and you need to select either rapid fire or mortar ants to start. Mousing over these options will tell you what they do.

Thanks for the info on joining the beta branch.

For the greyed out mission button:
I have tried selecting all of the different difficulties, but it has no effect on the greyed out button to launch the mission. If I try to click the greyed out button whilst having selected a difficulty option, it merely closes that particular mission select.

Thanks-
Nate

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
ShogunNate said:
Thanks for the info on joining the beta branch.

For the greyed out mission button:
I have tried selecting all of the different difficulties, but it has no effect on the greyed out button to launch the mission. If I try to click the greyed out button whilst having selected a difficulty option, it merely closes that particular mission select.

Thanks-
Nate

Oh, Mike's right, you have to click one of the two icons for ants. They should appear as little pictures beside the difficulty.