Early Access COUNTDOWN THREAD!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The early access launch is imminent! Post here if you're hyped. Or if you're not, I dunno. Anyway, from time of posting, 5 days!

TknUVbH.png

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
December 1st

Good things about that day:
1. I'm getting a new TV.
2. I can play this game right on that day.
3. It's my birthday!

Bad things about that day:
1. I have a PE presentation about a weight training program for baseball.
2. It's the day right after a massive history test.
3. I have an Africa map quiz on that day.

Welp.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Only 4 days until early access launch....... tell your family! Tell your friends! Tell your pets!

fSiWu7E.jpg

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I am excited. My friends are excited. My pet ants... they're probably only getting excited about the excess heat my computer produces while running the game.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Three days left until Empires of the Undergrowth enters early access. That's three whole days. How are you going to fill them? Work? Because that's how we're filling them!

CJLTAhV.jpg

Raptorofwar said:
Wait, so which ants will be best at picking up aphid honeydew?

In our design docs is Formica fusca (black ants) being able to harvest more efficiently from aphids. Just by the way things have fallen with our early access levels, there aren't any aphid farms in the 2 black ants levels. Formica rufa (wood ants) do all the harvesting at the moment! But as we go forwards (and as John starts working on his Freeplay / Sandbox mode) this will become a thing again, no doubt.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
On the fifth day to Antmas, my true love gave to me:

5 ladybugs

4 Wood ant queens

3 claustral chambers

2 Tiger beetles

and a spider next to the sea!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We're very nearly down to our last 48 hours. Only two days until lots more people get to see the beautiful creature that is Empires of the Undergrowth!

I've written a little poem for today's countdown picture:

Tiger Beetle, burning bright,
On the beaches of the night;
What Formica hand or eye,
Could swarm you and cause you to die?

hQbRt77.jpg

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Redmoth27 said:
Hey since I live in the US will the release be November 30th?

I'm posting these super-early in the AM here in the UK just as a bit of fun for you guys on the forum. We've not decided *exactly* what time of day on the 1st here in the UK we'll be pushing the button, but the thinking is it's likely to be early hours of the 1st for you lot across the pond.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It certainly feels like time has crept up on us, like this beach wolf spider would.... Empires of the Undergrowth early access begins TOMORROW!

pwTAJFV.jpg

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Please read this thread for explanation. In short: we've screwed up our Windows and Mac packaging, and therefore Steam hasn't approved us for launch. So we've set back the Steam release date and have released NOW on itch.io - and buying from there will give you a Steam key anyway.

http://forum.eotugame.com/index.php?topic=1179.0

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
No, when I saw EotU wasn't coming until next week, I though screw this im getting the game! Hours later I checked the forum and it's now available. I basically spent $20 thinking I wouldn't get it until next week. So that's why I'm asking.