Favorite part of the Early Access: There are spoilers.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I really liked the surface levels, with the aphids and the tide coming in. I wish there were more of them, and if the dead fish were more important.

I'm kinda unhappy we didn't actually have colony on colony combat. 2.2 didn't really count.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I feel the next modular update with 2 new levels and a formicarium challenge needs a good old fashioned 1-on-1 colony vs colony battle. It'll need a bit more work for the AI though (Liam actually got really far with good colony AI but it simply wasn't necessary for the initial early access levels, so the colonies in that have scripted movements and timings).

No promises though - I'm just the community guy, I'm not designing this thing :p

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Please make a level with an aphid island in the middle with areas that regularly get flooded around it. Place the player colony on one side and the AI colony on the other side and when the flood is in they are separated and can't attack each other but when the water goes away it opens more and more connections between the two (and shrimp/fish food spots to fight over) and finally the aphid island in the middle becomes accessible (but only until flood comes in again).
That way you can prevent an early engagement deadlock because the flood regularly separates the two waring colonies and gives them time to lick their wounds and recover.