Freeplay Ereptor Suggestion

Joorff

Worker
An idea I had for freeplay is the ability to make custom Ereptor colonies. What I mean by this is when you open the freeplay menu (creating a setup) and choose Gene Thief for any colony (player or AI), in the tab where you choose a campaign colony, there could be an option just called custom. When selected, it opens a menu where you can choose which units you want your Ereptor colony to use (the units that you can pick from would only be ants that are already able to be used by other ant species like the counterparts, Big-headed ants, little black ants, etc). When you have made your selection of units, you can save that custom Ereptor colony for later freeplay games.

WaffleGuy

Colony
I think a lot of people have been wanting this, and it could possibly be a reward for completing something. But there are a few more things to consider here, like how Ereptors can edit some of their ants stats in the story. Maybe an ant menu could work, where you can uncheck and check all the ants and edit the stats of them.

Joorff

Worker
Maybe an ant menu could work, where you can uncheck and check all the ants and edit the stats of them.
There would also have to be a limit to how much a stat can increase. perhaps a resource type unique to freeplay that you gain an amount of with every successful freeplay run (that scales with the score earned). There could also be a way to reset stat changes so you can either experiment with changing the stats of different ant species, or if you want to do a run with ants that have their base stats only. Or just only being able to increase their stats with a limit at a certain amount without resources required to increase them could work just as well.