Freeplay Mode Estimate?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Not just now - John's been a bit busy for the past week with an unexpectedly fast house move. Once he's back up to speed I'll ask him how he's doing.

Third tier formicarium is looking like summer. We have our internal roadmap planned out and I'd like to release an abridged version of that soon.

Soccer51x

Worker
Ooooooh yeah, a timeline would be very helpful!!! and you could make it interactive and have us comment on it and what we think about it

In Dec they said late January, late Jan came along and then they said Feb. Feb came along and then they said March, and here we are on March 11th and well...you can figure out the pattern.

It seems they are completely adamant on not releasing this thing at ALL until it is completely perfect.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
JonnyC289 said:
In Dec they said late January, late Jan came along and then they said Feb. Feb came along and then they said March, and here we are on March 11th and well...you can figure out the pattern.

It seems they are completely adamant on not releasing this thing at ALL until it is completely perfect.

We are far from alone in this. Software development is so complex and unpredictable that I take a risk every time I try to estimate it.

Mike said:
JonnyC289 said:

We are far from alone in this. Software development is so complex and unpredictable that I take a risk every time I try to estimate it.

I know what you're going through. I had a friend a long time ago who was doing exactly what you're doing, and even with a bigger team things ALWAYS took longer than he thought they would.

You and the team are doing a great job. Do not release anything until you guys are content with it and you feel that the quality is up to par. There's no pressure here from those of us who really like this game. We want you to do a good job and if that means waiting longer than we will wait longer for a better product.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
rasco41 said:
hey it worked for BF3
The AAA games can get away with it more than indie devs due to brand loyalty. Not that we'd ever give you guys a glitchy mess anyway, even if we thought we could get away with it!