Further Evolutions

justyr1

Larva
Love this game so far, a lot of fun. I put 100's of hours into SimAnt when I was younger and this game I can see being the same way. Some stuff I would love to see that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Visual Changes:
Every game I've played, whether third person shooter, RTS, RPG, etc, I have always enjoyed it when you do upgrades to stuff and you can see the small visual changes it causes. From Star Craft 2 when you give space marines shields, to the Tomb Raider reboot and seeing how weapon upgrades change the appearance of the weapon. The small detail of this adds to the immersion that things are changing in more than just the "behind the scenes" aspects of the game. This might be a planned future addition, not sure. This isn't really something required at all, just something I would think would be really cool. 20% attack speed increase to soldiers? their mandibles change shape. Increased damage resilience? Exoskeleton changes texture. And so on.

Behavior Evolution's:
Another cool thing would be able to add evolution's that you could activate to change the behavior of a selected group. For example, being able to push a button (it could fit nicely in the area where the buttons for enabling/disabling a selected group from attacking or gathering food) that would cause a group to start trying to push around the sides of a attacking area. I know one of the push goals was to get a fire any bridge, so maybe this would fit in the same category?

I know you guys are a small group and incredibly hard at work on this game. It definitely shows. The game is great thus far. Keep up the fantastic work!