I want the beetles to attack the enemy ants

I don't know how hard it is to implement but can you make the enemy beetles and creatures also attack the enemy ants, its very annoying to see my ants getting devoured by a tiger beetle on the 2.1 rising tide mission while the enemy ants are just walking right past- it just isn't right.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Apparently it's a limitation with how teams are set up in the game's code (last we heard anyway, as John can set up teams in Freeplay).

Devil's coach horse will actually fight various ants, including slavemakers, as well as woodlice and woodworm, while funnelwebs will attack everything but each other. in 2.2, enemy colonies actually kill ladybugs, crabs, and spiders.

2.1 may only have everything on the same team due to it being a you vs the world kind of challenge, with the patrolling ants intended as foes that must be dealt with to reach lower levels.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It's not exactly a code limitation (teams are a thing, it's easy to set up) but more of a balance issue in this case. Going forward we'll be designing levels to feel more realistic in this regard.