Leafcutter ants
Can tend a fungi garden by feeding it leaves
The soldiers are also very tanky and cost alot to place and hatch

Army ants
Strong ants that are particulary good againts large enemies like wolf spiders
Workers cost 30 because of their ability to fight; soldiers 60

For enemies:
Scorpion (bark)
Kills everything in one shot but 4 hits kills the queen. Slow and tanky. Weak pincers that 3 shot a fusca ant.

Rhino beetles
Very Tanky
Slow attacking and moving
Relatively week

If u have any other suggestions just comment below!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Leaf cutters will be added :)

I think we have army ants on the list for down the road somewhere.

In the very old version of the game (that was never released to the public) we had a huge scorpion as one of the "titans". We're likely to re-add it eventually.

Rather than rhino beetles we had a titan beetle! It was absolutely huge.

The idea was that "Titans of the Undergrowth" would be huge creatures that you had to take down. They wouldn't be a threat to your queen exactly (much to big to get into the nest) but you had to come up with a strategy to beat them. We still like the idea of titans and we'll likely re-add them as we progress with early access.

I'd love to see what our artist Matt could do with them now!

Zaphod

Larva
Did you ever play sim ant on the Mac? One thing there was that you gradually took over a garden and eventually somebody's house.

Even if my colony was reigning supreme in one part of the garden, I had to hatch young winged queens to spawn new colonies in areas I didn't control and thus start over again there. There was one tactical game where the whole yard and house were divided into tiles that each where a new map. There were outside maps and inside-the-house maps. The tiles posed different challenges. For instance if you were in an area where the humans frequented, suddenly a series of show prints would "walk" across the map and squish ants that were hit. But they turned into food.
If you were in a human frequented area, there was also a lot of dropped goodies (humans are messy).
When you got large enough presence, you'd drive the humans away.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Fun fact on the SNES it had a sort of campaign
mode. You would do these levels and sometimes they had a gimmick say the enemy colony lives on the other side of the road, living in the house with a cat, being in a very rainy area, etc. This was absent from the PC version of the game.

Granogg

Worker
Redmoth27 said:
Fun fact on the SNES it had a sort of campaign
mode. You would do these levels and sometimes they had a gimmick say the enemy colony lives on the other side of the road, living in the house with a cat, being in a very rainy area, etc. This was absent from the PC version of the game.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that... guess it is time to get the old SNES from the basement. And try to find a copy of SimAnt on a garage sale or so :D

@Topic:
There is a LOT of very, very good ideas being posted all the time and I'm sure the devs notice at least some of them. The list of ants and other insects people want in the game is really long already, maybe I'll get around to make a full list out of all the threads and we can get it sticky'd or something :)