Is there a specific date around which we can expect to get 2.X challenges?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm also quite curious as to whether or not the challenge will be the same for both missions, or whether they will diversify?

2.1 day attacks and 2.2 night attacks could help to greatly increase difficulty, forcing you to have ways to both defend and gather resources at all times (2.1 insane challenge is going to be impossible, but I'm sure we'll find a way).

Soccer51x

Worker
Yeah, it would be fun but with the massive night attacks on insane in 2.1 it'll be too hard to gather resources during the day. Making it impossible. Soooooo :p

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Honestly, as long as the waves aren't super strong, and there are no attacks day 1, wood ants and tiger beetles attacking wouldn't be all too scary. If anything, I would love the new requirement to adapt.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
That's basically what happens in 2.1 insane N3 W2. You get something like 30 crabs attacking at once. Quite the nightmare if you're still down due to the N3 W1 spider attack. Even if you survive the crabs, if you can't kill them quick enough the two mothers N3 W3 with their babies will easily crush whatever you manage to salvage.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Nothing specific yet but I'm bringing this up with the guys in our next meeting (they're currently deep into the plans for 3.1, 3.2 and formicarium 3).