It's probably just me but..

Can anyone else not find the tool to see the health of creatures? Not a really big issue for me but I'm torn between getting that self repair of self preservation and I kinda see what all the ants base health is.

Also is there much point to self preservation? Like in what situations would it be better then just repairing your units?

Well self preservation increases your soldiers survivability in battle, while the other one heals you faster in between encounters.
The 0.5 second retreat makes it so aggro is taken away from your soldier and put on another ant. The effect is that your soldiers will last longer in fights because the damage is distributed on to all of your ants and no one ant will get singled out.

I too do not know how to show healthbars and frankly i think the game should not show them. that said, personally i think the 0.5 second retreat trait is much stronger than the heal trait. it employs a tactic that many high level esportsplayers use in games like starcraft 2 and automates it for you.

Aaaah so the ants auto heal already? That... I did not now. I just assumed they couldn't heal but that makes it a easier decision. Thx guys

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The ants heal but veeery slow.

Also while the autoretreat is very powerful in prolongued engagements the regeneration bonus is actually pretty powerful when enemies come in waves or when the scenario comprises of a lot of smaller skirmishes (like 2.1). Upgraded fusca soldiers rarely die anyway unless fighting against extremely high DPS opponents.

Serafine said:
The ants heal but veeery slow.

Also while the autoretreat is very powerful in prolongued engagements the regeneration bonus is actually pretty powerful when enemies come in waves or when the scenario comprises of a lot of smaller skirmishes (like 2.1). Upgraded fusca soldiers rarely die anyway unless fighting against extremely high DPS opponents.

Oh man now idk which one to pick! So torn

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
By default (you can re-bind all the keys): Left Ctrl when held down will show creature health. C will toggle the health bar on and off permanently.