Management of Ants

Divljak

Larva
Firstly I love the game keep up the good work!

I'm in no way knowledgeable in the world of ants but after watching them on nature shows some ant species are divided in groups for different responsibilities like tending the nursery, gathering food, waste management, soldiers, guards and some are even farmers tending fungus and harvesting it when it's ready within the colony walls. Don't know how possible this would be to implement within the game but it would add alot to the "building an empire" part.

It would be awesome if you have to divide your workers to diggers, tenders, waste management and so on, choosing where to stockpile waste, finding fungus to plant, tend and harvest for a steady stream of food, adding single "bigger" guards on food routes to protect the workers and so on.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
You can do that by building multiple chambers. Every chamber makes one group of ants, then you just needd to assign them to the right job.
It might become a bit more noticable once we get more (and bigger) ant species implemented.

Also I agree that the game's economical aspect is currently very underdevloped. I don't think we need to simulate waste disposal but workers that actually feed the larvae would be nice.