My Suggestions

Detsawm

Larva
Hi All, great little game and I enjoyed the alpha content. Here are a few things that sprung to mind after having completed the current game:

Rewards for each level seem to be based strongly on difficulty alone. However when a level takes a considerable amount of pre determined time to complete this should also be taken into account.

If a level does contain a pre determined amount of time to complete, this should be stated in the level description.

Multiple levels in nests, it's just more realistic than a single tier setup.

Give us the ability to rebuild dirt walls so we can create choke points. The building process should be much slower if the tile is in range of active combat.

5. Enemies should be able to break through walls (much slower than we can) to get to their target.

Allow us to move the queen, she should be really slow though.

7. - Already covered by freeplay plans
Completion reward of 'released'. Once the formicarium challenges have been completed there should be an option to be released into the wild in a much larger nest. There could be a choice of maps (beach, forest etc.) And a perpetual day/night cycle with a mix of big and small enemies.

Ants in the real world will find an enemy and then send out pheromones to nearby ants to come attack it. We need something similar in the game where the whole key-bound group drop what they're doing and respond (assuming that attacking hasn't been disabled for the group)

Patrol routes where ants move in between 2 or more markers perpetually. Levels like the ladybird ones could really benefit from having guards moving from side to side over the aphids without the need for us to babysit.

I'll add more to this list if I get any other ideas but in the mean time keep up the good work!

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
"Release" sounds like what freeplay is planned to be. I believe they mentioned that you could import your formicarium.

I think it'd be cool if ants could stack little rocks to build walls. There'd have to be a method to get rocks though. Maybe a renewable rock source would be good. I don't think it's practical if ants just build a wall out of... nothing.

Ensiege

Worker
"Nothing" is the place dirt and debris goes when you excavate a wall. If workers had to carry that dirt out of the nest to clear it out that would be cool, and you build an anthill. The size of your anthill would also be an indication of how big/strong your colony may be. And rebuilding walls can come from these excavated rocks. But if avoiding whatever coding nightmare this might be for the devs, I'd be happy if we could just build walls out of nothing.

Doesn't need to cost food, just time... unless it would cost food to produce some kind of paste used for building? 5 food to build a wall, that's fine.