Possibly adding story mode ants species into the freeplay mode

I was hoping to see some of the ant species seen in the story added to free play. Added to the custom story mode colony like fire ants, leaf cutters, wood ect. I suggest for a start: army ants and slave-maker ants. These species have their own levels. It would make sense to "unlock" them by completing their levels. I feel like they deserve to be added since they have their own exciting abilities. They are already coded in the game, so maybe there is a chance.

Last edited:

thanhmk28

Soldier
Extremely Helpful Person
Army ants don't build underground nest, but living nest made of their own bodies called bivouac.
Trap-jaw ants don't form pheromone trail while hunting. The in-game species live on treetop.
It has been confirmed to not happen.

Army ants don't build underground nest, but living nest made of their own bodies called bivouac.
Trap-jaw ants don't form pheromone trail while hunting. The in-game species live on treetop.
It has been confirmed to not happen.
Thanks, I should of been more specific. I wanted to suggest the addition of the slave-maker and Army ant primary units to the Gene-thief colony gene pool for use in free play. I did not see anything about it (most threads were about adding the entire species/queen/nest) do you know if that was confirmed it wasn't going to happen? I have not heard of the Gene-thief pool closing yet.

I understand and have read about many species not being added due to the way they nest or what not. I feel like the two should considering they are already in the game. If they were not in the game at all, I can understand why they would not added. I am not suggesting army ants as a stand alone species to be added, only the army ant major and what ever the slave-maker ant primary is called. We have leaf cutter majors, fire ants, wood ants, black ants working all together in the Gene-thief colony (which is kind of silly, but cool).

ant armi

Soldier
я пітримую ідею і в мене є одна ідея.раз армійськи мурахи роблять бівуаки а цього добавляти не хочуть то можна зробити щоб у них були такіж гнізда як у інших мурах.що до королеви просто берем королев лісних бурих мурах міняємо розміри та колір окраскою і готово.

thanhmk28

Soldier
Extremely Helpful Person
Thanks, I should of been more specific. I wanted to suggest the addition of the slave-maker and Army ant primary units to the Gene-thief colony gene pool for use in free play. I did not see anything about it (most threads were about adding the entire species/queen/nest) do you know if that was confirmed it wasn't going to happen? I have not heard of the Gene-thief pool closing yet.
You can. Beat The Other Foot on any difficulty get you the counterpart colony in FC3 for freeplay.
And while you are at it, beat Excavators and Adventure too, for other unlockables.
As for if they will be added to the primary colony, the answer is no. They have another plan called New Game Plus.

You can. Beat The Other Foot on any difficulty get you the counterpart colony in FC3 for freeplay.
And while you are at it, beat Excavators and Adventure too, for other unlockables.
As for if they will be added to the primary colony, the answer is no. They have another plan called New Game Plus.
Thank goodness you are here. I did not know there were unlocks beyond the main story. Thank you for being so helpful!