Size matter

miky

Worker
Creatures with bigger size will need a bigger amount of food and smaller ones will need fewer. And if the ecosystem has small amount of food animals will evolve and the smaller ones will survive and this will make something like island dwarfism. Bigger predators will have bigger damage and bigger foragers bigger health so if predators arent enough big to hunt it alone they will make packs.

Last edited:

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Creatures with bigger size will need a bigger amount of food and smaller ones will need fewer. And if the ecosystem has small amount of food animals will evolve and the smaller ones will survive and this will make something like island dwarfism. Bigger predators will have bigger damage and bigger foragers bigger health so if predators arent enough big to hunt it alone they will make packs.
I hope to do something like this with sizes! Currently, creatures can have a variety of sizes but because there aren't any other selection pressures, they tend to all converge around the size that allows for optimal swim speed. The alternate approach you outlined would allow for a more varied ecosystem; I can't promise it because there's an element of trial and error to adjusting the parameters around the core evolution mechanic but I do hope to accomplish something like this at some point. Thank you for the suggestion.