Some Suggestions

So i thought that it would be great if you could be able to replace wall tiles e.g. you need to break 4 walls to be able to place one. Also i would really like to be able to stuff your 1 tile wide tunnels with ants, what ants actually do, to prevent things like spiders to rush through the nest and attack your queen. Of course the ant travelspeed would slow significantly for that.

Developers said no building walls to discourage turtling, and the spiders have an ability to let them move through enemies so no meat wall blocking.

On this topic though...I recently played through dungeons 3, and in the underground on that game you COULD build walls, with the stipulation that you must have an entrance and an exit path for any open space, meaning you can't block off rooms or block chokes.

Any chance of us getting an implementation like this? Maybe have a pre set path to the queen where you cannot build walls even if necesary for balancing. Walls for me would just be appreciated from a base design perspective, just so I can make my colonies look tidier.

I agree that being able to build walls with a check in the game to make sure we don't just blockade enemies from entering should exist. However, the spiders having an ability that lets them move through enemies explains why you can't block them but doesn't make that mechanic necessarily good. I do think you should be able to command ants to fill chokes. It makes the ants more realistic.

You can do that against every other enemy just by setting a marker for a group that has a lot of ants...

Having bugs that you have to use alternate strategies against (since you cant just block your choke 300 style against the spiders) makes sense from a game design perspective

well yes you can somewhat do that but still they wander around and don't stick to the tunnel. What i actually meant was that they stick to the walls tightening the opening of the tunel. But also i think unfortunately you're right about the game design thing.