Spiders Getting Stuck at Nest Entrance in Formicarium

I've been setting up different formicariums for both trees of ants you can get and have consistently run into the problem where a spider will get stuck on the entrance of the nest on the final wave of formicarium challenge 2. It has happened almost every time I have done the challenge and it doesn't seem to be able to unstick itself. I attempted to leave the challenge running to wait it out and after two hours it still hadn't moved. Ranged ants cannot target it and melee ants cant see it.

yqJy3g8.png

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Could you let us know which version of the game you're running (most recent is 0.11421)

It is the most recent as I took that screenshot maybe 5 mins before I posted this, though I have seen it occur in the past two patches. I have had it happen maybe 4-5 times and sometimes it will eventually break itself free, but it has once fixed itself once.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
John is going to be annoyed - he was sure this problem was fixed! Passing it on to him :p

I've been spamming Form Challenge 2 to see how effective Royal Decree is. I will see if it happens anymore, but I have beat FC2 twice more without problem after the last instance of the spider getting stuck.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Try moving the ants underground. This actually happens to me loads when I spam wolf spiders, but when I look overground to see what the red dot is it starts moving. Not really sure what causes it, but it might be some weird thing with the AI or something.

I tried that, It won't respond to me moving any of my ants in and out of the nest. I have attempted it and the spider doesn't even seem to acknowledge the ants moving.