[Suggesion] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Short tutorial on the genetic properties of beetles

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
20200319144915_1.jpg
It took me a while to understand how to breed beetles with the best result, I think some additional information about how to breed superior genes through all beetles is something players may want to know a bit:
20200319133707_1.jpg
Because when done right, you end up with the best possible beetles that are identical in genes and stats.

DarrinIocane

Larva
Developer of Beetle Uprising
The help screens have a couple of essays on breeding and genetics. I don't think they talk about the detailed steps you would need in-game. Maybe that is an opportunity for a community "How To" or strategy guide.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I managed it in just over 40 with a lot of counting. Or 200-250 odd with a repetitive process that was probably quicker tbh. How do you approach it?

I managed it in just over 40 with a lot of counting. Or 200-250 odd with a repetitive process that was probably quicker tbh. How do you approach it?
I begin by farming eggs, kill / juice / send as gatherers, those who aren't good and that don't have any interesting unique trait, then I try to reduce at most the numbers of my beetles by breeding those that have less unique alleles and then breeding them all together, at that point it becomes very random because some traits seem to get well together while others takes a while to get at least one good offspring