Recent content by ImperatorAntgustus

1. I

Ideas for a new Freeplay map?

What if instead of collecting food from the bodies of Ubers, you spawn a large plant with really high food yield (about equivalent to the Uber or whatever is in scale with other leaf depots) that is protected by an Uber or some other creatures? That would maintain the playstyle of the Leaf...
  2. I

Progress Post: The Freeplay Launch Screen

That looks great! I love the customization options. Can't wait to get my hands on this!
  3. I

The Game Before!

I believe that they were transports that you could recruit for your ants, but I might be wrong on that one.
  4. I

The Game Before!

I love that game! I played the crap out of it when I was little. I thought that it was so cool being able to fight as an ant colony, taking on the terrors that hide within the grass. The only thing that I wished for that game was the ability to play as the other species. Being stuck to only the...
  5. I

Mid-week Progress Post: How to balance an ant battle

Oh man, I would LOVE a mode like this! So much fun to be had, muahahaha
  6. I

Multiplayer Suggestions

Deathmatch and Coop would be great. If there can be an AI for a skirmish game, it should work for multiplayer. CompStomps are the best!
  7. I

Disappointed with Ant Upgrades..

Even if they were, there will be other game modes, free-play and skirmish coming to mind where one could potentially sit back. The devs stated that they don't want this game to resort to turtling, and a mechanic where you get better stuff just by waiting promotes that. Why risk your ants now...
  8. I

Strategic arena

I would love to see something like this in the game. I love throwing all sorts of combinations of units at each other.
  9. I

more ants? Termites?

Termites would be amazing! In all of the past ant-based games I've played, Termites have only ever been enemies to be dealt with. Ever since I read that it was announced in the kickstarter that termites were voted to be the next playable race, I immediately got excited! Termites have the...
  10. I

Disappointed with Ant Upgrades..

I think that would just prompt the player to wait. In many of the levels, you can get away with this (1.1 and 2.1, in particular). An adjustment to upgrade cost would be better than making it automatic and free. You could even combine lower upgrade costs (1/2 the original food amount) and lower...
  11. I

An XMas gift?

You're all wrong. It should be "Antmas"
  12. I

Update frequency / plans

I'm guessing fire ant stings will either poison enemies or bypass physical resistance, kind of like what the Wood Ants' formic acid seems to do.
  13. I

Fatter Acts

Do you mean make the missions themselves larger, or make the chapters themselves, e.g. Chapter 1, larger by including more missions in them?
  14. I

Tips and Tricks

Very helpful! I wish I knew the worker ratio when I started. I still had other RTS games in mind, so I built a strong worker force to get my "economy" in gear (collect food, build tiles, etc.) and focused on soldiers second. Big mistake on my end. Here are a few more that I found: 1) For the...
  15. I

There a way to Keeping workers out of the fight?

Whenever my nest is attacked, I move nursery workers to group 5 and set them to avoid combat. It depends if I leave them on food duty or not, but I don't want to see my food being used up when my new soldiers need it :P