[Bug] 0.21142 Ants outside the nest can have a claimed construction task?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The ant waiting inside the overground nest entrance suddenly stopped waiting once the construction of a leaf storage tile near the underground nest entrance was cancelled. The ant was part of group 1, then moved to group 0 (nest group), then moved back to group 1. I think in the nest group it claimed interest in the construction task, but as the ant was moved back to group 1 it never got to reach it?

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
First I have seen of this, very odd! This seems very specific could be hard to replicate.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Brilliant find. If you hadn't spotted the un-built tile this would have been a mystery forever. It looks like a super-rare event that has likely existed since the original game release. There is a dodgy window of 0.05s where an ant could theoretically transfer to the surface with a job in its pocket. Once on the surface, there is nothing in its behaviour that can bring it back down if it has a job, it should never have gotten up there in the first place. We are going to assume this is what happened and patch that up.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Brilliant find. If you hadn't spotted the un-built tile this would have been a mystery forever. It looks like a super-rare event that has likely existed since the original game release. There is a dodgy window of 0.05s where an ant could theoretically transfer to the surface with a job in its pocket. Once on the surface, there is nothing in its behaviour that can bring it back down if it has a job, it should never have gotten up there in the first place. We are going to assume this is what happened and patch that up.
I also encountered ants in the nest group that had claims on plant carts, disallowing gather for my other ants on some of those plants. (1 cart plants)
It looks like this, but reversed and the cause is yet to be found:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/leaves-become-unharvestable-occasionally.3477/