Things We Want

Which 1 do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Rather than any of those, I would love to see the ant species that grow mushrooms in its nest to eat added to the game :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungus-growing_ants

We're getting those next with leafcutter ants.

Cheers people...I'm new to the site. I'm not sure did anyone actually made this request but from my point of view, it would've been much easier if you would "highlight" auto attack/ collect button when active.

What do you mean?

English is not my 1st language and sometimes (mid-fight) I get confused with those settings. If you could just put some kind of visual enhancement people might find it more pleasing.

Combat/attack options are labelled by the sword, gathering/food options are labelled by a fork and knife (silverware).

Cheers people...I'm new to the site. I'm not sure did anyone actually made this request but from my point of view, it would've been much easier if you would "highlight" auto attack/ collect button when active.

English is not my 1st language and sometimes (mid-fight) I get confused with those settings. If you could just put some kind of visual enhancement people might find it more pleasing.

Also, I've noticed how eggs around queen are not upgradeable which to my surprise is really strange (not much of an ant expert here but wouldn't she be surrounded by best ants).

I do know there's an upgrade that can be bought by royal jelly but I feel there should be 7 very much capable ants around her.

I'm really enjoying this game and can't wait for new content. By the looks of Formicarium, you've got plenty of ideas and I can't wait to explore them all.

Thank you

On your first point, in this respect I'd have to say that's on you. You need to adapt to this dynamic, rather than the game adapting to you. You'll soon get used to it if you keep playing. Personally, I love the current system. It took me a while to learn, and I think there should definitely be a little more of a tutorial about it. After I got it, it's not a problem for me at all. Just adapt.

The eggs around the queen are the best by far. They can't upgrade or be integrated with other workers, but they have the ability to hatch without cost. I always use them as their default - nest care. Essentially, those 7 ants would serve one purpose and one purpose only. Bringing eggs from the queen to the hatching points. Nursery ants. Don't focus on them so much.

Balanite

Worker
Speaking of the default 7 Nursery Ants, I would like to have the option to upgrade their tiles to Level 3.

Or can we do that already? I've never tried.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Honestly, the lvl 1 nursery ants are fine. That way, if you want better workers, you are required to set up a chamber for them. It would also add reason to make more nest workers, rather than either using them as tanks or not making any at all.

Balanite

Worker
I also enjoy the male scientist's antics too much to want to kill him.

It would take thousands of ants to do so anyways. Unless he's allergic.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I am a completionist, and I get annoyed by those 7 level 1 workers surrounded by level 3 everythings. I'd like to upgrade them, even if they're ridiculously expensive and not worth upgrading.

Balanite

Worker
I want that too. :)

It is kind of weird in the Formicarium to have those 7 Level 1 workers while the rest of the nest is all Level 3s.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
There is something very special about those 7 level 1 workers. Albeit at a slow rate, they can spawn from nothing. No other nest chamber can do that.

Maruki

Larva
I bought, installed, played and completed all the levels within 24 hours and i thorougly enjoyed it. What i would like to see in the future are of course more levels and enemies. Say Centipedes for example. i would also like to see more ants added to your formicarium, like fire ants and bullet ants to name a few. very much looking forward to the next update.

Serafine said:
I want a proper ant war map. Preferrably with terrain between the two ant colonies that frequently gets flooded so they get time to lick their wounds during the night after hard day of ant war.
This is a great idea.

Redmoth27! I love the idea of having antlions. They would be like an obstacle that your ants would have to navigate through in swarms to get large amounts of food.

SanyaSaw

Larva
Things we want ??? I just want the development team to grow up to at least 20 people, because the most important thing is to reach someone: work in a team ??? ;D After all, if the team increases at least to 20 people, then the game will increase much, in addition, the response to questions in discussions, etc. will increase

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Right now the game has sold well enough to support 2 full time employees for long enough to get us to where we want to be as far as completing the formicarium mode and freeplay mode goes (John will be going full time on the project in Easter).

We've sold better than we'd hoped for but we're no They Are Billions or PUBG.