Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The only ones I know of:

Black ants (ingame)
Wood ants (ingame)
Leafcutter ants (confirmed upcoming)
Driver ants (semi-confirmed, in tablet version)
Bull ants (in tablet version)
Slavemaker ants (ingame as an enemy)

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Fire ants (fire ant bridges at least) are also planned. Also, the devs have released a bunch of things that could eventually come to the game: driver ants exploding Carpenter ants were seen in an old promo, and there are images of trapjaw ants, raspberry crazy ants, honeypot ants, and saharan silver ants created by Slug Disco. Whether these images will make it into the finished game, that is uncertain, but it is probable. And leafcutters are confirmed. The devs also mentioned bullet ants, but I don't have the link on me.

Everyone keeps mentioning bull ants, but I can't find any confirmation on the web. Link please?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Everyone keeps mentioning bull ants, but I can't find any confirmation on the web. Link please?

Can't find it actually, but there was a demo where bull ants were a high powered but expensive ant. I think it may have been where they showed off titans, but now I can't seem to find that either.

heyoo, guess im a bit late to the party, well here are all the confirmed ants to be added (i believe)

Formica ereptor: Gene stealer ant
Formica fusca: black ant
Formica rufas: wood ant
Solenopsis invicta: fire ant
Atta cephalotes: leaf cutter ant
Dorylus molestus: African driver ant
Odontomachus chelifer: trap-jaw ant
Nylanderia fulva: crazy raspberry ant
Myrmecia gulosa: bull ant
Cataglyphis bombycina: saharan silver ant
Solenopsis molesta: theif ant (i think, im unsure of this one)
Polyergus lucidus: slave maker ant
Paraponera clavata: bullet ant
Myrmecocystus mexicanus: honey pot ant
Camponotus saundersi: carpenter ant
harpegnatho saltator: indian jumping ant
cephalotes rohweri: turtle ant

and here are the images (keep in mind i couldnt find all of them)
wMrTSID.gif

KgPgWHM.gif

jiXBRj4.gif

G0yVrLk.gif

gak1D9Z.gif

1uRO2zv.gif

lKkCcqt.gif

IH4Bp6D.gif

GR4abz4.gif

zEUOOSp.gif

eBSFsIb.gif

piQg3R6.gif

8ur3j2e.gif

7ce896B.gif

KLikKo4.gif

xEjTBMX.gif

those were all the images i could find, however there is some in game footage of the yet to be added ants
and here that bee

mCvD0gD.gif

bYj43Kw.gif

q1hAVSf.gif

and some walking animations of ants

DorylusGameplay1.gif

LeafCutter.gif

SolenopsisGameplay.gif

images

those were all i could find.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Note: that list is very, very old and it is unlikely all of those species will make it into the final game.

It harks back to the time when we went a bit crazy on making models without thought to how the species would actually play - back when we were developing for tablets. We've since wised up and are now prioritizing gameplay over pure asset creation.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Right to go to computers, you know what happens when you put a beloved game on a tablet... DOUNGEN KEEPER MOBILE!!!!